Friday, October 31, 2014

Arise. Butterfly. Pray.

I never thought I would ever step into an abortion clinic again.
After the trauma of my abortion fourteen years ago, I vowed never to go back.
But this morning I did.

I wore my pro life badge in honor of the "40 Days For Life" prayer movement.
My badge is of a babys' hands - to scale of a twelve week old in the womb.
In 559 cities around the world, believers pray and fast for forty days, some standing outside abortion clinics and peacefully pray for the mothers and children killed and scarred by abortion. And to ultimately end abortion.



I felt very strongly that I had to go inside the clinic. I had vowed to never enter an abortion clinic again after the pain I had gone through as a scared and desperate teenager. But in I went and sat quietly in the waiting room. They would throw me out if I tried to convince one of their potential clients not to have an abortion on their property, so all I could do was pray. 

I sat watching each person, not judging, but just compassionately praying over each and every one. 

Not everyone in there was there for an abortion because Marie Stopes also provides other services like sterilization and HIV testing. But I still prayed for everyone. And then I left. And I didn't feel profoundly spiritual or like I had achieved much.

Part of me felt like I didn't do enough. All I did today was go and pray.
I wanted to tell the mothers who had abortions that if they turn to Jesus, He will forgive them. I wanted to tell the girl considering an abortion that it is not a quick fix.

Then a very special friend messaged me to ask how it went. She was praying for me from her home. I told her that I felt like what I had done wasn't enough. I didn't see the effects of my prayers. I believe God heard them, but I didn't feel super spiritual.

She reminded me of this amazing principle: 

Darkness always gives way to light. It has to. It is a basic principle and law. My presence wasn't there for nothing, and the life I spoke in the walls of death were heard by God.

The next "40 Days For Life" will be in February 2015, I am praying that even more believers will take part.

God hears me ask for this.

He hears all my prayers. 

He hears all of your prayers too.

Every prayer.

Always.

"God's there, listening to all who pray, for all who pray and mean it. He does what's best for those who fear Him - hears them call out, and saves them." Psalm 145:18-19 MSG

For more information on 40 Days For Life visit: http://40daysforlife.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am usually the one interviewing people for my radio show, Arise Butterfly Glorify on GNCR, but on this day, it was my turn to be inte...