Thursday, February 15, 2018




Filming day:

Today our day started a little earlier than usual... 
I woke at 2:45am to have my hair and make up ready to meet on set by 3:45am.
I am so honoured to be working with Desmond Denton from Imagen Heart Films for this project as well as other amazingly talented people: Kobus Louw, and actresses Carishma Basday and Barbara Immelman. 

Desmond and I wrote the story line and without wanting to give too much away, the short film aims at raising awareness for women in crisis and offering hope to the vulnerable. 

The short film deals with controversial topics such as abortion and baby abandonment and offers a glimmer of hope when a baby is adopted in the film, instead of being abandoned or aborted.

The footage from this short film will be used for my music video for my new song that is to be released soon. Katie Pappas, an international song writer who has written music for the film industry, wrote this incredible song. 

The song is written from the babys' point of view and the baby is asking for a chance... at life... at love... to see everything and feel everything.

The short film as well as music video will be played at schools, churches and community centres. It will also be available to view on my Youtube channel. 

The short film will be used in future awareness campaigns such as the 10 days of activism that takes place next week where we challenge people to take 10 minutes of their day to raise awareness on their local crisis pregnancy centres and baby safe/grace/drop boxes.

Later this year the short film will be premiered and we hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am usually the one interviewing people for my radio show, Arise Butterfly Glorify on GNCR, but on this day, it was my turn to be inte...